Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to my world

She stood there screaming and crying as she witnessed her brother die in front of her, I cradled her shaking form in my arms.
I had been there before.


"Why did it have to be Steven, Why?"
"It will be fine Jessy."
"No it won't, you don't know what I'm going through."
I became as still as a stone as those words broke through my defenses. What did she know about me.
"Jessy i'm going to tell you a story so listen up closely."

I once knew a girl named Violet.
Violet was one of thirteen children.
She had three older brothers, three older sisters, four younger sisters, and two younger brothers.
On her eighth birthday her Oldest brother and sister disappeared without a trace.
On her tenth birthday her second oldest brother and sister went missing.
Then on her twelfth birthday her parents disappeared. 
On her fourteenth birthday her grandparents died.
Then on her sixteenth birthday her 6 month old sister died and her triplet older brother died right next to Violet.

Every two years some one would die.
But then it changed.

While she was at her boyfriend's house with his family, her triplet older sister was killed in a drive by shooting.
Her younger sisters, brothers and aunt were killed in a car fire.
She was the only one left in her family that she knew about.
This all happened one year after her triplet brother died.
All Violet had left was her uncle Frank.


Jessy looked over at me astonished then asked dry eyed 
"Are you Violet?" "You are Violet aren't you?"
I looked at her then said
"I do know what you're going through."
"wow"

"Welcome to me world" I said 

Welcome to my world!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment