Monday, March 21, 2011

My world (Another book I'm writing) Part one

"Selina, get up."
I pulled myself out of bed and made a fresh cup of coffee.
I knew it was going to be a long day.
Demetria had been bugging me all night about it so I hardly got any sleep.
I slowly climbed into the shower while the coffee was being made and eased into the hot water.

When I got out of the shower Demetria was pouring the coffee and burning the toast as usual.
"Selina, this is not what it looks like. I can explain. That toaster is possessed!!!" She stammered out as she pulled  the charred black bread out of the toaster and sat down angrily.
I pulled out some more bread and put it in the toaster and it came out perfectly fine, much to the dismay of Demetria who gaped at me.
You see Demetria is not a good cook at all.
"It worked perfectly for me." I said as I made some scrambled eggs to go with the toast.
Demetria just glared at me and reached for the sugar which was actually salt.
I was about to stop her but she had already started pouring it into her coffee.
The next thing that happened was,

Demetria took a sip of her coffee and spat it out while choking.
Then I just burst out laughing and lost it all.

Demetria glared at me agitated and grabbed my napkin.
"I tried to tell you Metri, but you would not let me." I said as I tried to calm myself down.
"You still could have told me! And who switched the sugar and salt? Did you??" She said as she cleaned the table angrily.
"You did, Metri! You switched them." I said as I helped clear the table.








Part one.
To Be continued!




No comments:

Post a Comment