Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Girl of the forest; Sarina's version of Mystery Girl (A book I'm writing.) Part one

I'm sitting here on the branch wondering when they will stop looking for me, I hate it when people think they can take me back, I hate it there in town where they think that I'm a wild and untamed girl yet to be turned into a woman of all things.

The noise is starting to die down and they are starting to give up again, as usual they never caught me.
I slid off the branch and down to the ground, ripped off the heels they had me wearing and slipped on my sneakers, running through the woods with my hair and dress flying through the rain coated air { This was one of the few times I wore a dress.}

















I ran with all I had leaving the annoying preppy clothes that threatened to suffocate me, I ran as free as a bird not once turning back. This was my home no matter what they choose to say about it.
My sandy blonde hair now dark because of the rain whipped across my wet shoulders as I ran, I was going home.

I ran through the woods heading straight home not caring if I was in a nice dress, or if it was pouring down rain and I was soaked through.
An hour of running later I came upon what I was seeking, the familiar clearing in the trees and as I approached it I saw my house it nearly brought tears to my eyes, it had almost been a year since I last saw it.

















As I climbed the mighty oak on where my home stood I told myself I would never leave this place again for so long.

I got inside and right were I left it was my mother's bible.
I picked it up and I went upstairs.

My name is Sarina Daze and this is my life.
I was not always like this running wild through the woods without a care.
I used to be like any normal teenage girl, going to high school, driver's ed, and homecoming queen.
I had a family that I loved very much. A younger sister, my best friend lived with me along with her twin, and my parents. I was very good at basketball and I kept my younger sister Marie out of trouble when I could.
My life was good or so I thought.
It seems like it was only a week ago since I lost my normal life.
Oh right you don't know that yet.

Well my parents were government agents, so they traveled all over the world which is great when you get to go but in my case I stopped going when I hit 13.
Well anyways they were gone again and I was mad at them for breaking another promise to Marie, Sabrina, Sara, and I. So they came anyway but on their way home from the airport there was a car bomb that did not really do much to them but it stopped their car right in the middle of the highway at the most busiest time of day, We were all in school when they called Sabrina and I out of Biology and they asked us some questions about my family and when we gave them the answers they took us in one of the high-tech police cars, and when we got there we or I should say I was asked to identify the bodies of two adults about my parents age if I could and I was praying not to be right but I identified them as my parents and was right.
Right there in front of Sabrina and I was my parents's life less bodies.

      













Sabrina fell back into one of the cops arms crying helplessly, I could not believe that right in front of me was my parents and tears would not come for some reason I just stood there dry-eyed staring at their life less bodies unable to cry.
And it all went downhill from there.
When I got home with Sabrina who still could not stop crying, everyone was home.
Marie asked me what is wrong and where we left to.
And I had to be the one who broke the news to her. I said that we had to go on a small trip and then I slowly broke the news to her which was no easy task.
Marie through herself on the couch and started crying while Sara went over to Sabrina and comforted her although she was crying as well.
We had school the next day though only I was sane enough to go.
When I arrived at school everyone looked at me sympathetically and tried to help me with everything.
So I ended up sitting by some new friends that I had made in detention or otherwise known as the Jaguars or the bullies that I slightly converted.
When I sat down at the table Dana asked me if I was okay and if I needed anything. Which I did not dignify with a response more with a glare so she went silent. Jake one of the males at the table looked at me and knew that I was far from alright. When lunch was over I got up and walked to Gym with Dana and Jake.
When we got to gym class they had all kinds of gear and stuff out, so we just leaned against the wall and chatted till the teacher got in.
Mrs Spires called us all together and had us break off into teams so we could do our activities.
When class ended I headed to my last class but was a little late due to taking many detours around sympathetic people. So when I arrived in Psychology I was five minuetes late.
      "Miss Daze you are five minuetes late. Oh and how is your family doing?"
I tried to swallow the pain I fealt courseing up my spine, so I just sat down in my desk and tried to get on with my day. I gripped the desk and bit my lip trying to ignore all the people who were around me.
Finally I could not take it anymore and I got up and ran out of the class.
I ran all the way home and hoped that they were all asleep.

Stay tuned for part two.

        

3 comments:

  1. I just posted this today for you're information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! Is there a part 2? Its awesome to read!!!!!
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on the part two.
    Thanks I'm hoping one day to maybe get it published.
    I'm glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete