Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Changes

We both stood there motionless, staring into each-other's eyes without blinking.
None of us willing to say a word.
We knew this was our last time to ever be alone like this, so we wanted to make it last.


My phone began to ring so I looked away from him and answered the phone.
He looked at my phone then back at me with intensity.
I turned off my phone and sat down on the mossy rock overlooking the stream.
He sat down next to me and put his arm around me.
I had to say something, but I could not bare to break the peaceful silence surrounding us.
Finally he spoke.
He stroked my smooth, damp hair and said, Violet, you know you don't have to do this.
I know, I said softly as I leaned against his hard figure and took a deep breath.
I'll still love you even if you stay the same way you already are.
I leaned in closer and said
 The pain, I don't think I can handle this pain anymore.
I'm sorry you're going through this, he said as he massaged my shoulders.
I just wan't to be a normal girl like everyone else, not a monster hybrid.
I know Violet.
We both went silent and stared into each-other's eyes again.
Then without my consent, a tear ran down my face, I attempted to wipe it away before he could see it.
To my annoyance he did see it and all the others that began to fall with it.
I tried to stop crying but could not.    
  He turned me so that I was facing him and I cried into his shoulder.
I don't want to change I managed to choke out through my tears.
I know Vie, I know.
We stood like that for about five minuets.
I need to go, I said.
Why.
Because my uncle will start to worry and send out a search party, You know Frank.
Yes I guess so.
Bye I'll see you soon.
Yeah, Violet take care of yourself.
I'll try, you know me, danger prone Violet.

So we parted ways
And I regained control of my emotions.
I don't want to go through any more changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment