Monday, May 2, 2011

Stand up for what you believe in

"Hey Lexie, do you want to come over to my house later on for the party?"
My friend Susanna asked as she caught up to me in the hall.
"Who all will be there?"
I asked as I walked to the cafeteria.
"Well you know. Lots of people will be there."                                                                        
"It sounds like fun. Sure I'll be there at your party."
I said as I sat at our lunch table.

As I walked out the door of school, I headed for my mom who was waiting to pick me up.
"Hey mom!" I said as I hopped into the car.
"Hey Lexie, how was school today?" She said as she started the car.
"It was fine. By the way, Susanna asked me if I would like to go to her house for a party tonight. Is that alright with you?"
My mom paused for a second before replying "Sure, what time will it be over and when does it start?"
"One sec I'll ask her." I said as I pulled out my phone and text-ed Susanna.
"She says it is from 8pm to 12am."
Mom seemed distant for a moment.
"Mom?"
"Oh sorry Lexie, yes I think you are responsible enough for this now."
"Thanks mom!"

Six hours later I arrived at Susanna's house.
"Hey Lexie, I'm glad you could make it." Susanna said as she came and hugged me.
We walked inside.
"Where are your parents?"
"Oh they are not here, they are in Seattle."
"Are you sure that you should be throwing a party when your parents aren't here?"
"It's fine."

Then the rest of the people arrived.
Practically the whole student body was there.
Then it all got out of hand.

Two hours later.
"Susanna, this is getting way to wild and out of hand."
"Oh relax, its all good."
Then one of the students brought out some cigarettes and started passing them around to the students.
"Hey, Lexie right? Do you want one?"
"No, I don't smoke."
Some of the other students came over and joined the conversation.
"Oh come on, don't be a baby!" One said.
"What are you a momma's girl?" Another said.
"No I don't smoke."
I said firmly and turned to try and go out the door.
One of them cornered Lexie and tried to force her to smoke.
Another tried to seduce her into doing it.

She Finally had enough and went out the door.

She walked in the pouring rain for ten miles till she got home completely drenched.


Lexie stood firm on what she believed in, and did not sway.
Even though everyone else was. 


If she can do it, then you can do it

Stand up for what you believe in!!






         

2 comments:

  1. I sooooo agree. This is something my parents have tuaght me from a young age.I'm standing up for what I beleive in.
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad. I am starting to stand up for what I believe in.
    Though it is easier said then done

    ReplyDelete